• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Skydivers, good deal

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I know there are a few of us on here that don't think jumping out of an airplane is a bad idea. Varmint passed this on to me, and I just wanted everyone else to know as well. I just got two canopies from aerodyne w/ %35 off, saving me a thousand bucks, sweet deal. Just mention military when you call them and they'll let you know what you need to do.

skidz

adrenaline junky
So you like the fall more than having fun under chute? That's a good size though for all around fun.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
So you like the fall more than having fun under chute? That's a good size though for all around fun.

I enjoy the canopy ride, but I prefer a docile ride. I figure that's where the highest risk is, so I'm trying to mitigate it :)

skidz

adrenaline junky
Extreme maneuvering under chute is definitely carries the highest risk. That's where most divers die, is maneuvers too low to the ground and high speed impact.

PigzFly

I just got two canopies from aerodyne w/ %35 off, saving me a thousand bucks, sweet deal.

Im somewhat new to the amazing sport of extreme falling. I am actually jumping again tomorrow morning. I am still working toward my A license and in doing so, use the rigs provided by the company I jump with. these are huge shute that are very slow and immobile. Great for beginners, but not as exciting as possible. I am thinking about getting my own rig. Is the company you were talking about called Aerodyne? Or is there a website/catalog that you didnt mention? Just starting to look around. Thanks for the help. Enjoy the fall, bend your knees.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
The company name is aerodyne, the website is http://www.flyaerodyne.com/fly/

If you're looking for a rig, I would go with their full system, if you plan on buying new. You can get %35 off everything, which is a deal you won't find anywhere else. I would talk to your instructors, and ask their opinions on what type/size canopy you should buy. They'll know your limits, and are the best people to go to in that respect. What dropzone are you jumping at?

PigzFly

My first jump was at 18,000. I have also jumped from 20,00 and 25000. I dont really know the difference other than what my alt is telling me. Its pretty amazing though. I can see from the pacific ocean to the sierras!