• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Situps

Status
Not open for further replies.

albrecht

I know there have been other posts on doing situps, but I had a few questions if anyone could help out. First, how exactly must your arms be when doing the crunches. Holding your elbows? Does that mean on the inside or outside (closer to your legs or head)? Is there a variety of positions? Second, must the elbows touch the thigh or any part of the arm? Any pointers on nailing the form....?? I'm having troubles with it.
Thanks
-

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Your arms must be crossed and touching your shirt at all times (I always just grab my shirt). Your elbows touch your thighs. It's hard to completely describe the position to you, I would recommend asking your OSO for a visual.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I grab my elbows, make sure my arms don't raise off my body and touch my forearms to my thighs

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
In my app. packet, my OSO gave me a sheet on the PFT and it has a depiction of a guy doing the sit up. It has the guy with arms across his body. When he comes up, his elbows tough his thighs, and when he goes back down, HIS HEAD IS RESTING ON THE DECK. I thought it was just shoulder blades?

albrecht

The way my OSO showed me it was just the back of the shoulder blades that touched the ground. It looks like a very minimal moment. I can get my forearms to touch my thighs, I wasn't sure if it had to be the elbows (thanks for the post wildflyin69)

Status
Not open for further replies.