• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sitting height

Status
Not open for further replies.

miker1

Can anyone tell me what the limit is to the sitting height for the T-45? I was told today that mine is too much and i can only fly P-3s because of it, which is fine by me. They don't want to let me go through as a 'single pipeline' though. Any suggestions on a way around this?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nope
since every flight doc i've asked has refused to remeasure me (i want to be NPQ'd from the prowler :) )... it has to go through CNATRA once they have your initial anthro measurements

btw - i've never heard of anything anthro'd out of helos....what kind of freakish proportions do you have?

Eagle32

I'm taking you to the looneybin.
squeeze said:
nope
since every flight doc i've asked has refused to remeasure me (i want to be NPQ'd from the prowler :) )... it has to go through CNATRA once they have your initial anthro measurements

btw - i've never heard of anything anthro'd out of helos....what kind of freakish proportions do you have?

Alright, easy on the freakish, they are a lot of us here in the Orion community who were too tall for TH-57, not too unhappy 'bout that. So they are not letting you start flight school, miker1, because of "single pipeline considerations." That is not cool. Find another flight doc, keep trying.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
yea the -57 was not made with large people in mind. I am 5-10 and sitting in that thing, my head will hit the roof occasionally. Cna't imagine being taller that me and having to ride around in it.

That being said, it is still a MILLION times more comfortable than the turbo weenie.

AprilFool

sucks to be tall

hey - I hear you . . . I was told I was too tall to fly helos but not too tall to fly jets or p-3s. For the helos, it was because they put new seat cushions in the th-57 (which is small to begin with). They were very firm about not letting me go helos. Weird. For jets, I don't know the exact height, but I'm around 6-4 or 6-5 and I'm qualified, though just barely. All I can say is slump like crazy and keep asking different people until you get the answer you like. I got remeasured by some E dawgs at the flight doc's office, so you might prevail upon them to let you do it.

miker1

Anybody over 6'2"

Anybody over 6'2" (my height) and flying or flew the t-45 please respond to this with anything. I'm trying to biuld a case for myself to get remeasured. So far no good. I just can't believe that my sitting height is too much at 6'2". I feel like they just made an excuse to help thin the over populated pilot pool.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
6'2" isn't "tall" as far as anthro limits go. I have several friends who flew/fly the T-45 and are in the 6'6" range. It's a cramped fit, but they do it. Overall height isn't the limiting factor.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
According to the information I have there isn't a specific limit for the T-45. If you fit in the T-34 then you should be ok since the 34 has measurement limits. Go to this thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5886&highlight=anthros

Scroll down some to post #16 and you will an Excel spreadsheet attachment. Look it over... it should answer your questions. Be sure to look at sheet 1 and sheet 2 or it won't make sense.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.