• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sisterhood of the Traveling (ASTB) Book?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I'm cleaning out my room and such in preparation for moving away for the summer, and I have two brand new, never been written in, ASTB books that I used to prepare for me test.

Since the scores are good for life and I don't need to retake it again, and since the books would literally sit on my bookshelf and collect dust until the end of time, I figured I would pass them down to someone else studying for the test.

The books are the revised Accepted, Inc book, and the Third Edition of the Baron's prep book.

I ask only two things: 1) That you pay shipping (shouldn't be more than $10) and 2) That you in turn pass the books on once you're done with them.

I know a huge part of this site is helping future SNA/SNFO applicants, and I hope that this could contribute to that in some small way.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This could be like the holy grail. Write your name on the inside of the front cover before passing it along.

haimehhh

Also, I recommend the next user only utilize Sticky Notes for note taking, otherwise it will be thrashed after a few studious users!

adrenalinerush

I'm cleaning out my room and such in preparation for moving away for the summer, and I have two brand new, never been written in, ASTB books that I used to prepare for me test.

Since the scores are good for life and I don't need to retake it again, and since the books would literally sit on my bookshelf and collect dust until the end of time, I figured I would pass them down to someone else studying for the test.

The books are the revised Accepted, Inc book, and the Third Edition of the Baron's prep book.

I ask only two things: 1) That you pay shipping (shouldn't be more than $10) and 2) That you in turn pass the books on once you're done with them.

I know a huge part of this site is helping future SNA/SNFO applicants, and I hope that this could contribute to that in some small way.

I am interested in purchasing your books if they are still available. Thank you.

Last edited:

Unimarobj

First - this is an awesome offer. Major thanks, and a GREAT idea. I'll be taking the test in a month or two. Would you mind if I received the Accepted Inc book? There was another individual seeking a book, so if you could send them the Barron's one, I plan to ask nightflaw if I can borrow his Barron's copy.

My roommate works at UPS, so I'll be able to ship them off to whomever would like them after me, and I can just do all my writing in a comp book, to keep the books free of writing :)

I too have a copy of the Barron's book and would be happy to pass it on.

Would you mind if I borrowed your Barron's book, then? I can pass it on to another in need after I'm finished with it :)

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
@Unimarobj that's fine with me, as long as it's ok with @adrenalinerush

Like I told him over PM, I'm in NYC for the summer working and don't have the books with me, but I'm going to see if I can have my parents ship them.

Coastie Kyle

Where did you purchase your revised copy of the Accepted Inc book? The publish dates shown on the barnes and noble website are saying 2013 and the updated book is selling much higher on amazon.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Honestly I thought the Accepted book wasn't really worth it. Essentially everything in it is available online, and there weren't enough practice questions to make it worth it just for that.

If I was doing it again, I would focus solely on the online stuff, especially since you can cover some of the more advanced topics that are not in the Accepted book (logs for instance). Then get the Barron's book for the practice tests since those are much better. Or, if you can find it in stock at a B&N near you, just go in, grab some coffee, and take the tests so you don't have to spend $25 on it.

nightflaw

I just checked Amazon and they are offering the Barron's book for ~$8 including shipping, so it might be faster for people to just buy it there.