• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Simple question

dilbone56

I know this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to get an answer out of my recruiter, and two days of searching this forum and others haven't gotten me any closer to a solution. I am in the process of putting my package together and am wondering about the LOR's and references. Do I use the same DD form 370 to request LOR's and references? Or is that just for one of them? Also what type of format should the LOR's follow. I was under the impression that the OR was going to send out letters to the people I want LOR's from, and I was supposed to take care of the references. Anybody who's been through this process please guide me in the proper direction.

I really appreciate this forum and all of the time you guys spend answering stupid questions like these.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm mainly posting the question to bump the thread, but what does the instruction say? I don't even know what instruction governs your application process, but if you figure that out it should give you the answers you are looking for. Maybe a recent applicant has some info.

dilbone56

It turns out my OR was asking me for letters of recommendation and references as though they are two separate things. However, it has since been clarified that they are in fact the same thing. Of course there is a difference, in that a reference is from a job, but it is in essence a letter of recommendation from an employer. I wasn't aware of this when I first posted the question, and without being familiar with the process was under the impression I was being asked to provide two different things. Sorry for the confusion and to waste anybody's time.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
I'm not a "mod" or anybody but I feel comfortable in speaking for a majority when I say that you weren't wasting any one's time. As long as you at least put in the effort, in this case, doing a search beforehand, people will be much more willing to assist you. In fact, that's good advice for the rest of your career! Keep the questions coming and never let your frustrations with putting in the package make you quit. The application itself is a bit of a weeding process. Good luck!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm glad you found the answer to your question. wplax26 is spot on with his post too.

A

AlexSmart

LOR's are pretty open-ended and can come from anyone in your life that can vouch for you ( I used football coaches and a former employer/booster club president). They were written on their respective letterheads and were the form of any other letter one might send. On the other hand, I turned in only one DD Form 370 completed by my most recent employer at the time.