• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Simple question for MC NFO.

Richthofen

What kind of Aircraft can Marine NFO be work on?
Does Marines have F/A-18D or F?
Does E/A-18 needs NFO?(will Marines get this too? or is this only for Navy)
Will JSF have tandem seat?(does it need NFO?)

My humble thanks to your time. :icon_wink

Fetter

Fixed Wing: EA6B, F/A-18D, I've seen a 2 Seat AV-8 but I'm not sure if that was just a trainer.

Marines won't have the "Super" Hornet until the Navy passes them down the line.

E/A-18 will have NFO

JSF will only be single seat

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of Aircraft can Marine NFO be work on?
Does Marines have F/A-18D or F?
Does E/A-18 needs NFO?(will Marines get this too? or is this only for Navy)
Will JSF have tandem seat?(does it need NFO?)

My humble thanks to your time. :icon_wink

Currently: F-18D and EA-6B
Marines are not buying any Super Hornet variants, including the EA-18G (which does have an NFO)
JSF is single seat
Conceivably, when the Marines are done flying their Prowlers and D model Hornets, they will no longer have a need for NFOs.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fixed Wing: EA6B, F/A-18D, I've seen a 2 Seat AV-8 but I'm not sure if that was just a trainer.

Marines won't have the "Super" Hornet until the Navy passes them down the line.
E/A-18 will have NFO

JSF will only be single seat

Bad gouge. The Navy is not passing down the SH - that is not part of the big plan. Also, the Harrier is single seat - no NFOs.

Brett

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Currently: F-18D and EA-6B
Marines are not buying any Super Hornet variants, including the EA-18G (which does have an NFO)
JSF is single seat
Conceivably, when the Marines are done flying their Prowlers and D model Hornets, they will no longer have a need for NFOs.

Brett

So, what exactly does this mean? If one were to go Marine NFO right now, what would they end up doing in 10 years if there is no longer a need for NFO's? Forced out? Branch transfer? Fly a UAV? New MOS? Do NFO's still fly after 10 years or so anyways?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, what exactly does this mean? If one were to go Marine NFO right now, what would they end up doing in 10 years if there is no longer a need for NFO's? Forced out? Branch transfer? Fly a UAV? New MOS? Do NFO's still fly after 10 years or so anyways?

That's anyone's guess. I'm sure they'll come up with a workable plan to deal with that eventuality. Yes NFOs and pilots fly past 10 years, assuming they're still upwardly mobile, I.E. on the Marine equivalent of a DH, XO/CO tours and CAG/MAG. One could conceivably fly until retirement.

Brett