• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sick before shipping

MrAndrews

Hello, hope everyone is having a good summer! I'm an air-contracted candidate slotted to attend PLC Juniors in about 4 days. Last week I came down with "Mono" (mononucleosis) and have had a pretty severe immune reaction; I was given steroids to reduce inflammation of my tonsils so I could eat and drink. Would I be physically capable of attending my 6-week increment starting in a few days? Also, if I'm not physically able, would I automatically be selected for Juniors next summer because of my medical disqualification? Lastly, would I have an easier time at selection for OCC next summer, considering I was selected for Juniors this summer? Thank you for your help!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello, hope everyone is having a good summer! I'm an air-contracted candidate slotted to attend PLC Juniors in about 4 days. Last week I came down with "Mono" (mononucleosis) and have had a pretty severe immune reaction; I was given steroids to reduce inflammation of my tonsils so I could eat and drink. Would I be physically capable of attending my 6-week increment starting in a few days? Also, if I'm not physically able, would I automatically be selected for Juniors next summer because of my medical disqualification? Lastly, would I have an easier time at selection for OCC next summer, considering I was selected for Juniors this summer? Thank you for your help!

What did your doctor say in terms of rest, limited duties, etc?

Get your doc’s recommendation, then tell your OSO and go from there.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It takes at least 30 days to recover from mono. Sound advice from @FormerRecruitingGuru ..I'd talk to your OSO and let them help you make a decision. If it were me, I wouldn't even attempt it.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Thank you guys for your responses. I've talked to my OSO and will make a decision shortly!

10 Things I would rather do than go to Brown Field as an Officer Candidate while I'm sick:

#10 Tell my wife what I really do on a boys' golf outing
#9 Kim's Cuban Con Leche within 2 hours of a flight
#8 Deploy on a boat and live in Jr enlisted berthing (and I'm an Air Force Officer now)
#7 Tell my dad my mother is a lady of the night
#6 Spend a week in federal "pound me in the @$$" prison
#5 Go to TBS again
#4 Go to SERE again
#3 Trust the ANA with my life
#2 Slap a polar bear in the balls
#1 Be an O-4 on @Brett327 's staff ;);):D:p