• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I retake the PRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXLUCIO

Hi All,

I am brand new to this site, which thus far is a very helpful resource, and I want to thank each of you for participating. I was pro-rec'd for supply corps on September 1 and my package is complete and ready to submit. My question is related to whether I should re-take my PRT before I submit. I am 33, have a law degree (JD), Master's of Public Administration (MPA), and of course a BA. I am prior Air Force. Obviosuly my test scores were acceptable (can't even remember them) as I was pre-rec'd, but my major concern is my PRT. I had 71 push-ups, 79 sit-ups, and a sub-par 12.24 run. The problem is my recruiter was been re-assigned a month ago with no replacement, and I am using one that is over two hours away. The District commander called me and recommeded that I submit without retaking my PRT, becuase the 30 days since the pro-rec is rapidly approaching, and she wanted to strike while the iron was hot becuase of the limited amount of slots. She has admitted it would be better to retake to get that run below 12:00 (which I could have done had I not PRTd directly after taking my physical), she insists it would be more harmful than beneficial. Based on your experience, should I wait the two weeks and retake the PRT? If possible, please compare my stats with anyone who has been accepted after pro-rec, particularly supply, but any other as well. The difficulty is that the recruiter I am using cannot re-examine me until October 16, 2003. Obviosuly, it would be worth the wait if is imperative I retake - however, I am not how imperative it is. Please provide insight.

bart27

Since you are going Supply, I would not retake. No offense, but I believe your PU and SU are good for your age group and your run time, as far as I know, is better than the In-PRT requirement for OCS. Since you have prior service, I would get that app off. My 0.02.

JXLUCIO

First, THANK YOU for responding, I greatly appreciated it. Seconf, trust me - NO OFFENSE taken regarding Supply standards. I am looking forward to Supply - the school in Athens is renowned and I have several physical insufficiencies, such as corrective lenses, which precludes me from other positions. After reading some of these entries, it is clear that Supply is not highly regarded, which is fine. I am just trying to ensure that before I tell them to submit my package that the package is credible and competative; while at the same time balancing the timliness before the slots are filled. Any idea on the stats of those approved from pro-rec to acceptance?

bart27

When I was Pro Rec, my recruiter informed me that I shouldn't have too much to worry about, but he also went on to say that there are very few 100% guarantees in the Navy. So relax, but dont break out the champagne until the fat lady sings.

paullatina

John, I wouldnt look at it as Supply not being highly regarded, just remember this site is primarily geared for avaition. Like any company or organization, every department or specialty needs to have all areas staffed with competant and effective leaders. Like a clock, all areas are equally important and need to work together to produce the end result. Everyone has their reasons for going avaition, supply, maintance, etc. Just be proud your serving your country and embarking on a respectable and incredible career.

Status
Not open for further replies.