• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I be discouraged with these scores?

B0B

Today I took my first attempt at the ASTB, unfortunately due to poor communication between my officer recruiter and I, I only had a little over a day to prep.

My scores are as follows
OAR: 51
AQR: 5
PFAR: 4
FOFAR: 6

Given I only had a day to prepare, and it being my first attempt I’m not totally discouraged but it was a wake up call that this certainly won’t be a walk in the park. What is y’all’s take on my situation? Is this type of score expected in this scenario, or is it maybe better?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks! And good luck to you all!

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Today I took my first attempt at the ASTB, unfortunately due to poor communication between my officer recruiter and I, I only had a little over a day to prep.

My scores are as follows
OAR: 51
AQR: 5
PFAR: 4
FOFAR: 6

Given I only had a day to prepare, and it being my first attempt I’m not totally discouraged but it was a wake up call that this certainly won’t be a walk in the park. What is y’all’s take on my situation? Is this type of score expected in this scenario, or is it maybe better?

Study and study hard. Practice the sim that’s floating around on this site somewhere too and by all means, do NOT let your recruiter rush you into the next attempt. You’re down to 2 attempts now, could have told your OR you weren’t ready, no need to rush stuff

(Also, what designator are you trying for?)

B0B

Study and study hard. Practice the sim that’s floating around on this site somewhere too and by all means, do NOT let your recruiter rush you into the next attempt. You’re down to 2 attempts now, could have told your OR you weren’t ready, no need to rush stuff

(Also, what designator are you trying for?)
I’d prefer naval aviator over anything else, but being an NFO would be my second option. My ultimate goal is to fly any sort of plane in the military, so that when I get out I can fly civilian.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
NFO's log 0 flight time so coming out of the Navy you would be at square one for civilian flying. If you really want SNA study hard and often and shoot for a high PFAR score, that's the most important thing if that's what you want to do.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

All of your questions can be found by searching around the forums. There’s aviation OCS boards where you can see where you stack.

If you want to retake the ASTB, there’s an entire section dedicated to that…

B0B

NFO's log 0 flight time so coming out of the Navy you would be at square one for civilian flying. If you really want SNA study hard and often and shoot for a high PFAR score, that's the most important thing if that's what you want to do.
Thanks a lot for the help man, I have now narrowed it down completely to SNA in that case.

I’ll be sure to study my ass off for the retake, may look into a few sims as well.