• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SHOT DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatkat

I'm an AT1 with 11 years in. I recently got my rejection letter from the OCS board. I applied for NFO and AMDO.

Stats are:
OAR 60
GPA 3.8 (From ERAU)
2 NAMS
2 Previous EVALS E.P.
All 10's on the interviews (CDR, LCDR, and LT)
Good C.O. recommendation

My question is how long before I can resubmit my package? I looked over the instruction, but couldn't find a time frame. I asked my CCC, and he told me to look at the instruction.

This time I only plan on applying for AMDO. because I am 31.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwayne

You can re-apply whenever you want. I'm pretty sure there isn't an amount of time you have to wait. After the first time I got rejected from the Navy I re-applyed in about 3 weeks. Just update and sent it out again.

phatkat

Does anyone know where I can find info on resubmitting procedures. My command's not much help and I can't find anything.

gnorman911

I had to resubmit, I wasn't prior military. But it was just a matter of updating my application and writing a letter of reconsideration, where I basically just asked to be reconsidered, pretty short. On reconsideration, I got my first choice and my OCS date in about 2 weeks.

twidget

Deskaholic
phatkat, you should get in touch with the Enlisted Applications Processor at CNRC. I'll send you a PM with his name and #.

Are you applying only for AMDO because you think that's all you qualify for, or because you don't want a commission if you can't be an AMDO? If become an officer is more important than the specific job, you should definetly consider applying for a 2nd and 3rd choice. Based on your stats, I think you'd be competitive for most other RL designators, like Intel, Crypto, or Supply. If you get selected for one of these designators and decide you'd still rather be an AMDO, there's always the option of trying to redesignate.

It's worth considering at least. I only put down Crypto and Intel, but was planning to submit for 3 designators if I wasn't selected the first time.

Good Luck!

BTW, I'm an ET1 with 12 years in.

phatkat

Thanks for the info. I am only thinking of AMDO because I figured with my enlisted, rating it would be my best chance. I think I might try NFO one more time too, but I turn 32 in Oct.

My CCC told me I need to redue the interviews to resubmit my package. Is this true or not?

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Here is a link to another post of mine, read the tips I have posted about submitting an OCS application. Contact the person that twidget has suggested. They are very helpful.
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5036

soon2bswo

Originally posted by Fatboy
Isn't it great how much help CCC are!

Remember it is YOUR package. The CCC should and often does help but the more involved you are and the more you know the better your package may be.

phatkat

I found out that all I need to do is the letter of reconsideration. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find an example of the format, and an idea of what should be included. Once again, thanks for all the help.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
phat...try the bupers web page...the milpersman section usually has sample letters in their instructions.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.