• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shore Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
As our little forum is a little blah right now I am thinking up random questions that have been popping into my head.

So without further delay....

When assigned shore duty how many hours does an AMDO tend to work (of course subject to the needs of the Navy) per day? What about sea-duty hours?

Not much documentation about this stuff on the usual sites for AMDO so time to pick your brain This

ET1.Colon

An official Navy work day in port is 8 hours, which is of course subject to duty days and duties assigned to you. Now, if you are at a pretty slack shore billet assignment (like me right now as enlisted), it could unofficially be less. If you are at a more intense billet assignment, it could be more.

Same thing could be said for sea duty. Kinda. I'm an enlisted nuke, so I have a different view of being out to sea. I remember five and dimes plus doing maintenance at 3am, since we had to keep steam going to the cats until 2200, then ran drills from 2200-0200 or 0300.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Can't say anything for shore duty, but for sea duty it all depends on the command. At one point we were going 4 day weeks after we got back from deployment, that lasted a lot longer than anyone thought possible. Now we're in the middle of workups and things are a little busier, so it evens out.

Status
Not open for further replies.