• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

(Ship) Selection Night at USNA

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The big guy showed up to congratulate each new member of the SWO community

web_100211-N-3066M-421.jpg

100211-N-3066M-421 ANNAPOLIS, Md. (Feb. 11, 2010) Vice Adm. D.C. Curtis, commander of Naval Surface Forces and Naval Surface Force, Pacific Fleet, congratulates Midshipman 1st Class Christopher L. Laird, from El Paso, Texas, on his choice of orders during Ship Selection Night. Midshipmen from the Naval Academy's Class of 2010 selected orders to their first ships, a major milestone before joining the fleet after graduation and commissioning May 28. (U.S. Navy photo by Midshipman 4th Class Dominic Montez/Released)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually he probably dosen't have any idea what he is in for but no, he is not prior enlisted. I know this for certain.

Well , that's not rocket science to figure out.....

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
what do you guys mean he has no idea ?

Well done on the two year thread resurrection!

That said, it's a tongue-in-cheek comment about the fact that SWO life is painfully miserable, especially when compared to flying.

CAMike

None
Contributor
"Palm Up" handshake?... maybe he really does know what he's getting into.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just guessing...I wasn't there...but perhaps VADM Curtis was passing a SWO or CNSF coin of some sort to each of the Middies? Looks like the "coin pass" clasp...

Good call. I wouldn't be surprised. On one of our Aviation nights (we had 1 a month I think after we selected), we got to meet CNAF who presented us with his coin.