• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sheriff's Helo practices nonlethal crowd control

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not military and maybe technically not commercial, but pretty dang interesting technique used by Sheriff's helo to get people to heed the law.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting use of rotor wash. Hard to ride when you can't see.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This technique looks familiar...I mean, I've read about that technique. Certainly wouldn't have seen it myself, since it's not sanctioned. Nope, not me.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too bad it wasn't a 53. That would have been interesting.

Interesting indeed. No loudspeakers on the 53, although with some of our crafty aircrew, anything is possible. Not airworthy, but possible.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting indeed. No loudspeakers on the 53, although with some of our crafty aircrew, anything is possible. Not airworthy, but possible.

Little Birds are pretty quiet....As loud as you guys are, you'd need some serious amps and speakers to achieve the "signal to noise" needed.

No speakers needed with the 53 just the crew chief throwing gravel off the ramp !! :icon_trou

Opps sorry was that your new windshield??? sorry about that.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I can't say if was me or not but I have done this more times than I can count. Looks like it was Proctor Valley, west of Jamul, south of Rancho San Diego.

We don't enjoy being the fun police but when some disgruntled reporting party calls and complains about the noise or the off roaders being on posted "No Trespassing" property, law enforcement has to do something. The ground units probably asked us to swing by because they were a distance away.

The dusting going on here is usually only after higher altitudes have proven ineffective. I know they aren't causing any real problems but if we are telling you to leave and you tell us in several different ways to piss off, sweet Jesus, let the dusting begin.

You ought to see what happens with the night poachers at Sweetwater Reservoir. NVGs are the best.

I have never seen this video before. Maybe I'll put a link to it on our Sheriff's Intranet ASTREA site.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I can't say if was me or not but I have done this more times than I can count. Looks like it was Proctor Valley, west of Jamul, south of Rancho San Diego.

We don't enjoy being the fun police but when some disgruntled reporting party calls and complains about the noise or the off roaders being on posted "No Trespassing" property, law enforcement has to do something. The ground units probably asked us to swing by because they were a distance away.

The dusting going on here is usually only after higher altitudes have proven ineffective. I know they aren't causing any real problems but if we are telling you to leave and you tell us in several different ways to piss off, sweet Jesus, let the dusting begin.

You ought to see what happens with the night poachers at Sweetwater Reservoir. NVGs are the best.

I have never seen this video before. Maybe I'll put a link to it on our Sheriff's Intranet ASTREA site.

I can confirm that its Proctor Valley, by PV road. Me and my friends would joy ride in that area back in the day.