• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SF-86 and Security Clearance for DCO

cargodog

RM3 - I was selected Supply at the same time. How do you know your clearance is done? I haven't heard anything.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
RM3 - I was selected Supply at the same time. How do you know your clearance is done? I haven't heard anything.

Maybe speaking too soon here...but in regards to clearances...my understanding is that your clearance needs to be started...not necessarily "done." As long as they have your SF-86, they can start doing the background check/investigation/adjudication. It could take a couple months, depending on the level of clearance you need.

Once it's done, you should get a call from whoever is doing it, in this case DOD, informing you that you're good to go.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
my understanding is that your clearance needs to be started...not necessarily "done." As long as they have your SF-86, they can start doing the background check/investigation/adjudication. It could take a couple months, depending on the level of clearance you need.
Your initial clearance - if needed for your designator - is started when you submit the SF-86 that goes along with your DCO package.

Once it's done, you should get a call from whoever is doing it, in this case DOD, informing you that you're good to go.
DOD is not going to call you. If you want to know the status of your clearance, then speak to the SSO of your Unit. Otherwise, assume all is well.

das

Contributor
Your initial clearance - if needed for your designator - is started when you submit the SF-86 that goes along with your DCO package.

I assume that before selection, this would only be checks required for an interim SECRET (e.g., NACLC)?

DOD is not going to call you. If you want to know the status of your clearance, then speak to the SSO of your Unit. Otherwise, assume all is well.

Once selected, is that when the SSBI portion starts? Because then I'd imagine that you (and others) will be hearing from investigators at some point for this portion...

Devil Duck

I happen to work for the Army as a defense contractor. Fortunately, I have a current Secret clearance. About 1/3 of the folks in my office have TS/SCI clearances. My experience is that an interim clearance can be granted almost immediately. The regular clearance takes about 3 months now. We submit our clearances through DSS, with OPM typically adjudicating (for civilians at least). One of my co-workers recently was granted his TS/SCI in about 9 months from application.

Where has everyone been doing their physical? My recruiter recommended I see my primary physician, a civilian. She stated that so long as the required tests are conducted and documented on the DD forms I'll be okay. Does that sound okay?