• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sending phone cards in the mail

NavyLife1989

Hey guys, I posted this yesterday in the main forum and I'm beginning to think I should've posted it on here since I have not gotten any replies from the main forum. Here is my question and what I posted yesterday:
Hey all-
I am a new member to Air Warriors, but I have been following some threads for a while now. My fiancé is currently at OCS in RI. Some posts online said that a phone card should be brought with them prior to starting OCS. We did not even think of this and he didn't bring one. My question is this-should I mail him one or can he buy one at the NEX? I spoke with my cousin and a friend who graduated from OCS and they said I could mail him one. I just don't want to draw any attention to him or get him in trouble. I thought I'd see what everyone else thought. Sorry if this was posted in another thread!! Thanks!
Any thoughts or input would be appreciated! :)

robav8r

None
Contributor
I literally, cannot, imagine the horror of being caught with a phone card, mailed to me by my girlfriend while I am in OCS. Yes, I think it will be just fine . . . . . . :)

NavyLife1989

Haha thanks! I figured it would be fine, but I wanted to check with the experts on here first ;) Also, a bit of a silly question-my nieces and nephews were wanting to color some pictures for him and send those in the mail. That would be ok wouldn't it?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Haha thanks! I figured it would be fine, but I wanted to check with the experts on here first ;) Also, a bit of a silly question-my nieces and nephews were wanting to color some pictures for him and send those in the mail. That would be ok wouldn't it?
Absolutely, that is perfectly fine. As long as he is NOT getting liquor, explosives, hookers, classified information (e-mails are OK), weapons, you get the idea . . . . . . . he'll be just fine. All kidding aside, getting letters and pictures from family is welcomed and appreciated. Good work :)

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
People still use phone cards?
Landlines on the quarterdeck require you to use phone cards until you get your cell. The current technique is to use a phone card, dial out, and have someone call you back so you only use ~1 min on an 800 min card and there are cards at each phone.

But to your (sarcastic) question, I had a surprisingly difficult time trying to find a phone card outside of a grocery store on my way to OCS.

Sonog

pilot
Landlines on the quarterdeck require you to use phone cards until you get your cell. The current technique is to use a phone card, dial out, and have someone call you back so you only use ~1 min on an 800 min card and there are cards at each phone.

But to your (sarcastic) question, I had a surprisingly difficult time trying to find a phone card outside of a grocery store on my way to OCS.

They keep them in the gas station next to the exten-z and lighters