• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES SWO billet options?

johnnyappleseed12

7th Fleet SWO gone SELRES
To preface this, I am currently in my transition from active duty to reserves. Was stationed on a ship in Japan my whole time, so I dont really know how it works as a stateside reservist.
I suppose my biggest question is: What billets are available to an 1110 reservist? Am I limited to what is available in my geographic region (upstate NY)? Any words of wisdom are much appreciated.

snake020

Contributor
To preface this, I am currently in my transition from active duty to reserves. Was stationed on a ship in Japan my whole time, so I dont really know how it works as a stateside reservist.
I suppose my biggest question is: What billets are available to an 1110 reservist? Am I limited to what is available in my geographic region (upstate NY)? Any words of wisdom are much appreciated.
If you are O-4 or below, you are entitled to drill with a unit within reasonable commuting distance (i.e. 100 miles) within your residence.

Your mobilization billet may be with a unit farther away, but you would accomplish your day to day training and drill requirements with the unit that fits the profile described above.

There is a bit more friction that your mobilization billet may want you to come in and drill quarterly under drills called IDTT, but they are on the hook for those travel costs.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Go on RFMT on the navy reserve homeport website to search away.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Make sure you search for URL billets and not just SWO ones, I think 1050 was the designator used for 'Any URL' billets IIRC.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Make sure you search for URL billets and not just SWO ones, I think 1050 was the designator used for 'Any URL' billets IIRC.
1050 is "any warfare-qualified URL" and 1000 is "any URL officer." Both are placeholders for a lot of staff jobs.

I’ve been out of the game for a while now, and I don’t want to overcomplicate thing for you, but If you find billets that look interesting it’s worth reaching out to the CO and asking what the job actually entails, what the drill schedule is, as well as Annual Traning (AT). Sometimes this might take calling the reserve center and getting a POC.

I have a had a love/hate relationship with the reserves. I’m curious what made you decide to sign up?

Good luck!