• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES Enlistment Bonus Question

a_dub

"flank" speed
Greetings AWs.
I recently came back into the reserves (August '17) on the enlisted side while I pursue DCO. When I signed my contract, I asked about an enlistment bonus and was told there was not one and I left it at that. I was just talking to my new NC1 who informed me there was in fact a bonus at the time and recruiter should have offered it, she not aware of any way to get it now. The question is - Is it possible to request it now? I know we have some expert folks in the recruiting field, just wanted to ask before I roll over on 20k.
Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Greetings AWs.
I recently came back into the reserves (August '17) on the enlisted side while I pursue DCO. When I signed my contract, I asked about an enlistment bonus and was told there was not one and I left it at that. I was just talking to my new NC1 who informed me there was in fact a bonus at the time and recruiter should have offered it, she not aware of any way to get it now. The question is - Is it possible to request it now? I know we have some expert folks in the recruiting field, just wanted to ask before I roll over on 20k.
Thanks in advance.

Ask your CCC, get command leadership involved if needed.

a_dub

"flank" speed
Ask your CCC, get command leadership involved if needed.
Thanks, CCC is the one who said "I don't know of a way to get that bonus if the recruiter didn't offer it." I am attempting to get some intel before I bring it up the chain so I don't come off as a guy who doesn't believe the CCC and goes over her head.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks, CCC is the one who said "I don't know of a way to get that bonus if the recruiter didn't offer it." I am attempting to get some intel before I bring it up the chain so I don't come off as a guy who doesn't believe the CCC and goes over her head.

I think $20k is a pretty good reason to be kicking it up the chain ASAP.