• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection for Intel

julia2217

I am a recent fifth year graduate on a top ranked NCAA division one lacrosse team. I am starting a job with DHS end of September, but I am taking the OAR around end of the fall. I graduated with a GPA of 3.41, bachelor's in public health sciences and a secondary major in sociology. I have also earned certificates in both Criminology and Social Research Analysis. I am looking to pursue in Intel, reaching for a 50 or above on the exam. Anyone who has been selected before, have any insight on how my chances look for this position/selection? Thank you very much.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am a recent fifth year graduate on a top ranked NCAA division one lacrosse team. I am starting a job with DHS end of September, but I am taking the OAR around end of the fall. I graduated with a GPA of 3.41, bachelor's in public health sciences and a secondary major in sociology. I have also earned certificates in both Criminology and Social Research Analysis. I am looking to pursue in Intel, reaching for a 50 or above on the exam. Anyone who has been selected before, have any insight on how my chances look for this position/selection? Thank you very much.

Check out the various board posts on here to get a glimpse on where you stand.

Lots of easier accessible info at your disposal.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This advice will run counter to what you might see here, but if you want to do real intelligence work, you should consider applying directly to 3-letter agencies. The Navy sometimes treats intel like an afterthought. CIA, NSA, and DIA make intel their core mission.

bcal

Could someone give me a run down of life as an Navy intel Officer? Like, what does the job consist of? Where are most stationed, and any other information you deem is worthy for someone wanting to learn more about this career path.

Thanks

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Could someone give me a run down of life as an Navy intel Officer? Like, what does the job consist of? Where are most stationed, and any other information you deem is worthy for someone wanting to learn more about this career path.

Thanks

Lots of easily-accessible info on here, Reddit and google.

Tip: You’re likely going to get more help and responses here if you do the homework of asking questions.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Thanks
Primarily, you attend meetings, build PowerPoint slides, and write lots of emails. You might get to do some cool stuff in the SES onboard ships but I think that might be mainly IW officers leading those now.

bcal

Lots of easily-accessible info on here, Reddit and google.

Tip: You’re likely going to get more help and responses here if you do the homework of asking questions.
I’ve read Reddit, etc. I was just seeing if any current intel officers were on here (aw) would be able to shed some more light. I’ll keep searching the forums and stuff, thanks

villo0692

This advice will run counter to what you might see here, but if you want to do real intelligence work, you should consider applying directly to 3-letter agencies. The Navy sometimes treats intel like an afterthought. CIA, NSA, and DIA make intel their core mission.
I second this. Unless you specifically want to serve, I would apply to all these. Speaking from experience, you get to work in just as cool of stuff if not better, you get paid more, and tbh some of these jobs are probably even easier to get tbh…. Say hello to a nice polygraph though