• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Board.. To hearing back.. To OCS

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
My selection board meets October 29th, and I asked my recruiter when I should hear back and he said 30-60 days. I just wanted to find out typically how long it took for someone to hear back. If it was less than 30 days or closer to the 60 day mark. Also I wanted to have an idea of how far out people were scheduled to OCS from when their selection board met. If things go well and I am accepted as an NFO I don't want to be rushing to get all my chickens in a row. Thanks again!

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
I'm not sure where 30-60 days came from. In my experience from watching this website, it's more like a week. If not even less sometimes. Also, turn around for selection to OCS report date has appeared to me to be around 7 months-ish, but I've seen turnarounds on this website closer to 3 months too. The most concrete answer you're likely to get is "it depends."

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
I'm not sure where 30-60 days came from. In my experience from watching this website, it's more like a week. If not even less sometimes. "

When he told me 30-60 days I thought it was a load of crap because I see on here maybe two weeks and I will know. I just wanted to check and make a timeline for myself. This waiting game is brutal. Maybe by 30-60 days you'll know when your class starts? All I know is my recruiter is all over the place.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
When he told me 30-60 days I thought it was a load of crap because I see on here maybe two weeks and I will know. I just wanted to check and make a timeline for myself. This waiting game is brutal. Maybe by 30-60 days you'll know when your class starts? All I know is my recruiter is all over the place.

Since your profile says you are applying SNFO, 30-60 days sounds more like when you'd get a class date than find out that you got accepted (other communities can take much longer to get class dates than URL jobs). The timing depends on what time of the fiscal year it is, needs of the Navy, OCS manning issues, and a lot of stuff. Sometimes it is a long wait, sometimes you'll actually go to OCS on less than 60 days notice. So don't be shocked if it takes longer to find out when you're going, but if you got in should be pretty quick after the board.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
Since your profile says you are applying SNFO, 30-60 days sounds more like when you'd get a class date ... but if you got in should be pretty quick after the board.

LFCfan,

All I care knowing about is getting in. I was hoping that when my recruiter said I should know 30-60 days after the board that he meant my OCS class. I thought it be nuts to have to wait until should New Years to know if I was accepted.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
LFCfan,

All I care knowing about is getting in. I was hoping that when my recruiter said I should know 30-60 days after the board that he meant my OCS class. I thought it be nuts to have to wait until should New Years to know if I was accepted.

It would be nuts. Fortunately there are people on here (I'm not one of them) who have access to the lists of results and have in the past let people know via PM if they were accepted.

Reactions: RMP

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
It would be nuts. Fortunately there are people on here (I'm not one of them) who have access to the lists of results and have in the past let people know via PM if they were accepted.

That's both terrifying and exciting. Excited to know that I have the possibility to know ASAP but now I just hope my scores and app were strong enough and that only going for SNFO was smart.