• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Select E6 out of API

Sabre170

None
I was talking to our Director of Ops, a Navy CDR, this week and was told that there are 2 slots left for E6 for the rest of the fiscal year and starting October 1st, E6 guys will come out of API and go straight to the rag.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'd like to see that in writing...

Did he explian the reasoning behind that? I can understand selecting out of primary, but API?

vanity

Zoomie
I don't see how thats possible. They can't just start in the E6, they need to fly the T-34 first. Can't imagine someone saying "congratulations the first plane you're ever going to fly is a jet."

lthackston

Maybe they just mean that you head to Vance for Primary and remain there for the rest of the pipeline. That's the only reasonable thing I can think of.

Sabre170

None
Sorry guys... I was talking about NFOs. Pilots still have the whole deal. The NFOs have no navigational responsibilities on the E6 now that the cockpit has been renovated to a glass cockpit. The NFOs are airborne comm guys... They don't need Primary, they need comm school.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Just coming from Tinker, the idea there was to cut Randolph out of the whole picture. I think that NFOs will still go to primary to recieve the same basic training that all flyers need and then will go to VQ-7 to do advanced and their FRS training. They will wing there in OKC and will graduate the FRS as a qualified ACO (granted, not a very useful one) instead of a non-qual. That is what the latest rumor was in OKC.