• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabttu

Was wondering what all is looked for on security clearances? What kinds of things would cause them to deny your request. I've read a few posts in some forums about people being denied because of credit history. Anyone know what things they might look for? I'm guessing if you have an extremely bad credit history that's not good. But does having a lot of student loans right out of school gonna hurt me? Just curious, thanks!

BYSun

From what I was told about the credit history in regard to securuity clearance, they look for financial irresponsibility. If, for example, you have a habit of incurring a lot of bad debt and then just ignore the problem until it goes to collections, court, or wage garnishment then you might have a problem. However, if you "got in over you head" and are trying ot rectify the problem by going to credit counseling etc... then they look at this as the person is doing the resopnsible thing and trying to correct a problem. Also, if the individual has massive bad debt and wild spending habits hmmmm....could be a security risk, you think??? Obviously they don't want peole with a scarlet tattoo on their forehead saying "bribe me, bribe me" ~_^

But heck...don't take my word for it, go to the website <<http://www.dss.mil/aboutdss/faq.htm#inveli>>
and check it out for yourself.

This is the dss (defense security service) website and is worth a looksee by anyone going into the military. And as has been said on a couple of occasions, security needs to be taken more seriously.

Sorry to get preachy :>

Good luck, hope this helps.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.