• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security clearance question.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I hope this is in the right section, if not I do apologize.

I'm filling out my SF-86 right now and I have a quick question. If I can't remember my address where I lived 4 or 5 years ago will that be okay? If not I need some creative ideas on how to search for my old address. I know that sounds silly but I was stationed in Germany for 3 years and I moved 3 times while I was there. I also have no idea what my address was when I was in tech-school back in 2009.

Thanks,

Facepalm

NUFO06

None
Be as detailed as possible. The investigator will prob call you if more details are needed. That being said make an effort to find that address. Old tax returns, mail, electric bills....

robav8r

None
Contributor
This is a great point for all aspiring NA/NFO's. Make sure you have good records of all past addresses, places of employment and personal references. You'll be glad you did when you're coming up on your periodic review and suddenly need the data from the past 10 years of your life . . . .

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Be as detailed as possible. The investigator will prob call you if more details are needed. That being said make an effort to find that address. Old tax returns, mail, electric bills....

Roger, I did the best I could with the little information/memories I have. I don't have anything to hide so hopefully it will all work out for me in the end.

Facepalm

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I've always found that credit bureaus have kept detailed records of my past addresses, so it might be worth trying Experian or Equifax and their records if you aren't already actively keeping tabs on your credit rating. Your own medical or dental records might reveal a thing or two as well.

NUFO06

None
I forgot one of the addresses I lived at in Pensacola so I google mapped the area and found the house by following the roads out the back gate.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Short of more official means of finding old addresses (as mentioned above), you could try google maps. I used it before for this purpose to figure out my address when I lived in Meridian.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check your Amazon, Paypal, other stored addresses.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Also, from now on, keep a record of addresses you live at along with points of contact such as landlord's etc that you can list as a person who can attest to your residencey. I just kept a simple piece of paper in my file box and every time I moved somewhere new, wrote down the address and a name. And, keep a copy of the SF86 that you fill out once you get all the info. That's another great source of data for the future.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Thanks for all the ideas, hopefully this will help others in the future. Google maps worked like a charm. ;)