• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEABEES qualifications for Officers in other communities

BackOrdered

Contributor
Has anyone ever heard of alot of Officers from other communities rating a Seabee pin? I have received a billet from my detailer to an Expeditionary Command that will get me possible exposure. I always liked the Seabees and earning the pin would be a great accomplishment.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Not even all CEC officers end up with the pin. They're damn sure not going to let somebody from outside earn it.

I have several Seabees working for me, otherwise I would have never known anything about this.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Not even all CEC officers end up with the pin. They're damn sure not going to let somebody from outside earn it.

I have several Seabees working for me, otherwise I would have never known anything about this.

CEC Officers can't skate by without a pin anymore. The career path has changed to make sure you do an 18-month battalion tour with either the NMCB or ACB in your first four years. It used to be guys could do back to back shore duty and get out, which was ludicrous.

Pretty sure you have to be CEC officer.

Not so. Supply officers assigned to an NMCB or ACB can and in fact are EXPECTED to qualify as a Seabee Combat warfare officer. In fact, we make the Doc and the Dental officer do it too. There are currently two billets in an NMCB, S4 (O4/O3) and S4A (O1/O2). The SCWS pin is unique in that there isn't a supply or medical version of it...everyone is expected to go through the same process regardless of designator.

That being said, it doesn't look like your command is a qualifying command.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... Supply officers assigned to an NMCB or ACB can and in fact are EXPECTED to qualify as a Seabee Combat warfare officer. In fact, we make the Doc and the Dental officer do it too. There are currently two billets in an NMCB, S4 (O4/O3) and S4A (O1/O2). The SCWS pin is unique in that there isn't a supply or medical version of it...everyone is expected to go through the same process regardless of designator.
That is very generous of the Seabees. I had no idea. It would be cool for a chop or doc to earn the real thing as opposed to the made up coumminty specific pins like aviation supply

BackOrdered

Contributor
Thanks for all the help!

I always admired the community and I'm hoping I can make this a career concentration down the road. Now if I can only find a CEC type.....

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Thanks for all the help!

I always admired the community and I'm hoping I can make this a career concentration down the road. Now if I can only find a CEC type.....

HINT: ThisGuy is a SeaBee

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I know from when I was an E-Seabee that we had officers from Supply, Intel and other communities go through the boards and get their pins while they were attached to the battalion. This was 2006-2010 so I am not sure if that is current but it was not an issue for the guys attached to us from other communities.