• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sea Year Video

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Well I finally put together a video of my sea year experience.

309 days of around the world fun.

I originally made this video for some HS students, but I went back and chopped it up a bit for mass consumption so timing isnt perfect.

One song really isnt enough to show all of what I wanted, but it's a good summary.

I mainly focused on my time with MSC and my flight internship at Pax, but I do have some stuff from my first sea period, with the forward house ship on the Far East run, and my last ship on the Pineapple Run.

Enjoy.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Well I finally put together a video of my sea year experience.

309 days of around the world fun.

I originally made this video for some HS students, but I went back and chopped it up a bit for mass consumption so timing isnt perfect.

One song really isnt enough to show all of what I wanted, but it's a good summary.

I mainly focused on my time with MSC and my flight internship at Pax, but I do have some stuff from my first sea period, with the forward house ship on the Far East run, and my last ship on the Pineapple Run.

Enjoy.

Ahhh...I miss VERTREP. Great job, Freakin' moto flying scenes for all.

~D

MIDNAdmiral

Great stuff. I would have to say that Pax and MSC were my favorite...no wonder they made the bulk of the video.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Good stuff. When you were in the back of the T-34, it looked like that was a P-3 dude up front. Was that at Pax? Didn't look like Oceana's approach.

es101js

pilot
this might be a dumb question but the land based cat launch, where is that and is it used for testing aircraft before they go to the boat to test the launch bar or something else?

sweet video all in all, nice variety of navy ops

MIDNAdmiral

this might be a dumb question but the land based cat launch, where is that and is it used for testing aircraft before they go to the boat to test the launch bar or something else?

sweet video all in all, nice variety of navy ops

I was at VX-23 while H20 was over at TPS. All the flying shots are at Pax. I'm not 100% clear on what they were testing, but I do know they were testing the angle the F-18's were lined up to the catapult. So they would hook it up at a 5, 10, 15 degree angle to make sure everything was ok should it happen on the ship. I think they were also testing the loads on the planes with various mock ordinance.

It is not shown in the video (sorry didn't have my camera on me), but another day they were trapping. It was really cool to watch because they would come in at a screwed up AOA and way off centerline. This was especially true since I watched them bouncing a lot at Pax, so to see the difference between a good approach and bad approach was very noticeable.

All in all very cool, and I wish it were longer than only two weeks. I wouldn't mind going to TPS someday and getting to do this stuff myself.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Good stuff. When you were in the back of the T-34, it looked like that was a P-3 dude up front. Was that at Pax? Didn't look like Oceana's approach.

gator, yes it was. While I was at TPS they were just putting the new class up in the air, so it was pretty hard to get flights. Instead they hooked me up with VX-20 and VX-23, with one flight in the T-34 and one in the back of an F-18F. I still managed to get two awesome rides at TPS as well, one in the F-18B and one in an H-6.

You really have a thing for rainbows, don't you?

Good video, looks like you had fun.

Ha, I did'nt even realize I had that many in there. I had to fill the space with something, table surfing with the captain with margarita in hand isnt exactly postable.

(2 of my 3 ships were wet ships).
Nothing beats the Dutch ship we UNREPed, they had kegs all over the deck and as well as a hot tub rigged.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I still managed to get two awesome rides at TPS as well, one in the F-18B and one in an H-6.

Cool. One day I'd really like to get a ride in one of those...