• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SDSU

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chris94 said:
anybody know how hard it is to get into SDSU? how low could my scores be in order to get accepted? I'm assuming that somebody on here has to have gone there.
Hard is a relative term. It's easier to get into than MIT but a tad harder than Cal State San Bernardino. Hope this helps.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I went to school in San Diego (USD), we referred to SDSU as the country's biggest community college.

Renegade One

None
When I went to school in San Diego (USD), we referred to SDSU as the country's biggest community college.
But ALL the NROTC candidates got commissioned at the same rank, yes?

P.S.: We SD-ans all root for the "Aztecs"…no one's ever really heard about the "Toreros"…;)

P.P.S.: What's the "Pioneer Football League"?

P.P.S.: What? No Lacrosse?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not waiving my alma mater's flag here by any means, and nobody roots for an NAIA football team (which is what they were in when I was there). Just making a statement of fact, and since the OP was asking about the academic requirements (not how to join the football team), I would put the academic stature of USD up against the thugs at SDSU any day of the week.

For the record... USD had (under coach Jim Harbaugh) the US record for consecutive wins for any college football team...ever...in history. Harbaugh challenged the Aztecs to an exhibition game - they declined. ¡Olé! :D

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I worked at SDSU for several years. My office window faced out toward an area right near Frat Row. Friday morning walk of shame viewing was the highlight of my weeks, and frequently the entire office got called to the windows when there was a truly prime example of The Walk. And were I a young single man, I would do whatever it took to go to that school. UCSD may have the smart kids, but SDSU has the ones that are scantily clad and nice to look at.

phrogpilot73

Guidance counselors aren't always the most help, TRUST ME
Good to see thing haven't changed in the 20 years since my last application to USNA. My guidance counselor looked at me and said "not everyone was meant to go to college" as he grudgingly ordered my HS transcript to send to USNA. I made sure to stop by the next year and say hello in my middie uniform. Fuck him.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Good to see thing haven't changed in the 20 years since my last application to USNA. My guidance counselor looked at me and said "not everyone was meant to go to college" as he grudgingly ordered my HS transcript to send to USNA. I made sure to stop by the next year and say hello in my middie uniform. Fuck him.

Mine wasted their time on bailing crackhead students from the poke and referring the young ladies of my hometown to planned parenthood (which I always thought was a super ironic name) to worry about a kid with decent grades and no black marks on their record.

Chris94

CWO selected
Mine wasted their time on bailing crackhead students from the poke and referring the young ladies of my hometown to planned parenthood (which I always thought was a super ironic name) to worry about a kid with decent grades and no black marks on their record.
My guidance counselor hasn't done SHIT to help me, I understand they have alot of students, but plenty of those student don't care about their future...yet they still waste their time on stoners. It amazes me.

BackOrdered

Contributor
My guidance counselor hasn't done SHIT to help me, I understand they have alot of students, but plenty of those student don't care about their future...yet they still waste their time on stoners. It amazes me.

Hmmmm...just remember, "no one can take better care of you than you can."

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hmmmm...just remember, "no one can take better care of you than you can."

Shack. You're going to have to do most of the legwork on this; getting into school, talking to an O-recruiter in your hometown to lay out options, lurking and searching around here..etc etc. Develop a plan, stick to it, kick ass in school whether you pick up a scholarship or not, and keep your nose clean while you're there.