• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scope suggestions for 1000yd Mk 11 ripoff

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
So I've about lost my mind on this one. I just got done building a pretty sweet AR 308 out of frustration of my M14's accuracy issues. I already have a SWFA SS 20x42 and the mag is nice but hard to acquire targets. Here's the stick:
DPMS Matched A3 flattop receivers
24" SS Bull barrel
Quad Rail Forend
JP Adj match trigger
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul Gen 2 MBUS
Magpul 308 PRS
Vltor Mod Pod
AccuShot MonoPod
VTAC LUSA
Magpul PMags
It's about 15 lbs with a crappy Centerpoint 4-16x40 on it.

Here's what I'm liking
Up to 20x variable mag
Mil/mil turrets-10 mil turn
Front Focal
50mm or less obj
Over $1k

Leaning SWFA SS HD 5-20x50(mil disc), Leupy ER/T 6.5-20x50(Promotive)M5, or M5A.to get that 10mil turn, you gotta spend an extra $500 I guess. This will end up on a tactical competition plinker, so looking for similar gun geeks.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Once you determine if your scope has enough potential elevation to hit 1000 yards from a realistic zero you need to make a judgement call. Do I add just enough scope mount to make 1000 yds, or go with a little more elevation which may be 40 MOA mount? Try something like this unit if you have an AR10. AR-10 AND AR- 15 accuracy issues can be reduced substantially with handloads, and serious copper fouling removal. Unless of course your barrel is certified hopeless.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nightforce-uni-mount-one-piece-20moa-mounts.html

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Once you determine if your scope has enough potential elevation to hit 1000 yards from a realistic zero you need to make a judgement call. Do I add just enough scope mount to make 1000 yds, or go with a little more elevation which may be 40 MOA mount? Try something like this unit if you have an AR10. AR-10 AND AR- 15 accuracy issues can be reduced substantially with handloads, and serious copper fouling removal. Unless of course your barrel is certified hopeless.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nightforce-uni-mount-one-piece-20moa-mounts.html

Thanks, man. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a 10-40 MOA mount unless it's a 60+ MOA scope. I was thinking that Nightforce, a Leupold or the JP mount, BUT it's all moot until I pick the glass. Objective size plays a big role in ring height and adding an MOA elevator is only going to bring the objective closer to the hand guard. I'll probably need 1.4" ring height anyway. Thanks though.