• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Schools During TBS-API Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline Rush

What Are All The Schools You Can Go To during your wait,,, I know of IOC (can someone give me a run down of what its likE) Communications(can I get a rundown on that as well), Student Platoon Commander (I only saw this on the board once, whats the deal with this) Realistically as an air contract marine, what are the chances of going to any of these schools, and can you extend your wait to api if you want to go to all of the schools???

Thanks in advance

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
only a few air contracts go to ioc. typically about 4-6. the company co determines who goes from a list of volunteers. air contracts do not, and why would they want to?, go to comm school. and student platoon commander is a billet you hold during tbs, not a school. don't know where that impression came from.

why do you want to extend your wait..? the deal is, most aviator types can't wait to get started with aviation type stuff after a long 6 months. the sanity of those that want to go to ioc is often questioned.

Adrenaline Rush

well to be honest, im not new to flying so by the time (IF, a big if) i get there a change of pace would be great...I'd love to get a taste of some ground training and to at least feel like a grunt for some time, if given the oportunity to do IOC I will jump at it, I guess that will depend on how well I do at TBS right??

thanks for clarifying the student platoon and communications (i read an exert on the board about it), i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.