• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scholarship Donations

WEGL12

VT-28
I am trying to organize a scholarship fund given to students aspiring to become officers in the military. The plan is in the first stages but I am trying to gather a supporting cast interested in providing donations to make it possible. The scholarship will be organized through Patriots Point (USS Yorktown) in Charleston, SC. I am trying to create the scholarship so it will be awarded to a student not currently receiving a ROTC, Academy, BDCP, PLC or similar type funding. It will be based on academic performance, financial need and a strong desire to seek a commission. Any ideas or changes would be greatly appreciated. Anyone willing to make a donation please contact me so I can get your contact information and amount of the donation. Donations are a ways down the road but I need to get an idea so I can pass it to Patriots Point. Those interested respond in this thread and I will PM my email to you.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who you are specifically aiming this at? Someone on the road to OCS? NROTC College Program?

WEGL12

VT-28
Who you are specifically aiming this at? Someone on the road to OCS? NROTC College Program?

I was originally planning to aim at both OCS and NROTC college program students. I talked some more with those helping me organize the scholarship and it will likely be just ROTC college program students. It would be too hard to truly know how many would actually be interested in OCS compared to people just trying to get money. College program students would already be putting the effort forward to earn a scholarship/commission. The plan is to help those through the first two years until receiving a scholarship through ROTC.