• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Saw This Today

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Way back in the day it was a local command thing to wear with the winter service uniform for the S-shops on payday. The maintenance shops did not bother since they where pretty much oil and fuel sponges.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Way back in the day it was a local command thing to wear with the winter service uniform for the S-shops on payday. The maintenance shops did not bother since they where pretty much oil and fuel sponges.
The last time I got paid...in actual cash disbursed from a money box...was in the Marines and “way back in the day.”

jmcquate

Contributor
The last time I got paid...in actual cash disbursed from a money box...was in the Marines and “way back in the day.”
Had to do that at OCS. Like everything else, there was a religious ritual you had to perform to get the cash you would blow in Georgetown the next night.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I was too late for the cash, but we did form up for paychecks on the hangar deck for at least my first year of service. Made for a festive afternoon.