• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sasebo, Japan USS Green Bay

Patriot Shark

E5 AS2 Newly stationed in beautiful Sasebo aboard USS Green Bay.
All I need is:
CO's recommendation
3 Interviews with 1390s
ASTB

How can someone take the ASTB here?

I'm going to the forums first because our ship is in SRA chaos and all officers and senior enlisted leadership personnel are really hard to come by. Checking in to the command has been a little slow, granted I've only been on board 4 days TODAY.

Anyways, if anyone has information on how or where someone could take the ASTB in Sasebo, Japan, it would really help!

SEMPER FORTIS!

PMPT

Just looked up where Sasebo is. Looks like a really interesting and exciting part of the world to find yourself in! Lucky you.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Like Pickle said, your Career Counselor is there to help. If he's not available, ask BHR's NC. I imagine that the tests would be arranged through CFAS' college office over in the library/chapel building. If you have aviation questions don't hesitate to talk to your Airboss and Mini Boss or BHR's Air Department aviators.

exNavyOffRec

I would have your NC talk to the base, I doubt the ship will be much help as they have to have the setup for the ASTB, I would not be surprised if you would have to take it when home on leave.

I would also reach out to an OR from NRD LA, they cover Japan so they could help as well since if they have overseas applicant they need to get them tested as well.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How can someone take the ASTB here?

Anyways, if anyone has information on how or where someone could take the ASTB in Sasebo, Japan, it would really help!

SEMPER FORTIS!

From the NOMI Website FAQ:

Where is the nearest ASTB-E testing location?
There are over 250 registered locations worldwide that can administer the ASTB-E. Locations that commonly administer the ASTB-E include:
  • Naval Officer Recruiting Stations
  • NROTC units at many major universities
  • Marine Corps Officer Selection Offices (OSO’s)
  • Military Institutes
You will need to schedule to take the ASTB-E at the location at which you intend to test. If your local office does not administer the ASTB-E, contact our office and we will attempt to provide the nearest testing location.

At the bottom of the page is NOMI's contact info. Email/call them and ask them where the nearest APEX testing site is located.

Point of Contact Information
For any additional questions about the ASTB-E, please contact the NMOTC Operational Psychology Department at 850-452-2379 or 850-452-4349. Department hours are 07:30AM to 4:00PM CST Mon-Fri. Alternatively, you may email your questions to usn.pensacola.navmedoptractrpns.list.nmotc-astb@mail.mil .