• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

San Diego Sailor Shot

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's doing the right thing and then there's using your head. Shitty neighborhood + 2 am...not sure what the sailor was thinking. Since San Diego has the FREE Roadside Assistance program (511), I do not stop to help anyone on the freeways, especially at 2 am. Mom always said that nothing good happens after midnight.

Seems like a senseless murder. Very sad for the victim & girlfriend.

exNavyOffRec

There's doing the right thing and then there's using your head. Shitty neighborhood + 2 am...not sure what the sailor was thinking. Since San Diego has the FREE Roadside Assistance program (511), I do not stop to help anyone on the freeways, especially at 2 am. Mom always said that nothing good happens after midnight.

To stop and try and help someone in an area like that tells you what type of person that sailor is, a person willing to help anyone, we need more people like that in this world.

GroundPounder

To stop and try and help someone in an area like that tells you what type of person that sailor is, a person willing to help anyone, we need more people like that in this world.

In this case, you are both correct. I would advise against it, but it says a lot about that sailor that he went out of his way to try to help someone in need.