• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Safe on Deck

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Not sure if this is the right place, but in what little spare time I’ve got on the shore tour I started a podcast! The idea is to capture unique military aviation flying stories and share them with a wider audience that appreciates aviation. Since this audience (AW) is uniquely suited to poke holes, I really do appreciate any and all feedback to continue to improve:

Available on Apple Podcasts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/safe-on-deck/id1615450730

And YouTube:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice work! Initial feedback is on the background noise... just loud enough to be noticeable/distracting... also mouth noises. I presume there are voice techniques and mic placement that will minimize those. Consider a brief musical intro. Tons of royalty-free stock stuff available. That'll give your intro a memorable connection with listeners. Great content... interested to see where you take it. Liked and subscribed!

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Thanks Brett, I truly appreciate it! You are absolutely correct that the audio quality is key and I’m working to improve the recordings each time I do them. Definitely need something other than a MH-53E APP startup noise to begin an episode, but that’s another project as well!

Additionally if there’s anyone in the Pensacola area that is interested in telling their story I’d love to make it happen. Truthfully the theme of these interviews (which I absolutely did not expect going in) is that literally everyone has to overcome something large or small to make it as a military aviator. Instinctively I knew that, but hearing specific stories makes all the difference.. It’s a real honor just to sit down and listen.

taxi1

pilot
Nice work! Initial feedback is on the background noise... just loud enough to be noticeable/distracting... also mouth noises. I presume there are voice techniques and mic placement that will minimize those.
There's probably some post-processing that can be done too, on the published podcasts, to filter out some of the audible detritus.

Enjoyable podcasts!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
It always entertains me how the Fallon crowd insists on the uncool name for an F-16 purely to annoy the Air Force.

Fighting Falcon? That IS the proper name for the F-16, is it not? If the normal operators of that aircraft insist on calling it something else, while also refusing to use words like "head" and "box", that's on them, not anyone in the USN...

;)

jmcquate

Contributor
The original name was "Falcon" until General Dynamics was served with cease and desist by Dassault because they has a business jet with the same name.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fighting Falcon? That IS the proper name for the F-16, is it not? If the normal operators of that aircraft insist on calling it something else, while also refusing to use words like "head" and "box", that's on them, not anyone in the USN...

;)
They must have a really hard time describing the top of their ejection seats, you know.