• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Safe for Solo Gouge

yoquendo

Navy Wife
Does anyone know where to get some good gouge for the Safe for Solo test besides marinegouge.com?

Pilot123

pilot
It is really easy. If you've been paying attention through Primary up to that point you should do just fine with minimal studying. Remember course rules, EP's, and look over the solo section of the FTI.
And if I remember right the marinegouge.com is pretty good on that test.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Don't nuke this, just show up to the brief and be awake. Not sure if Milton is the same as Corpus, but if it's even close you have nothing to worry about.
I didn't even know there was gouge out there for the SFS exam. I think out of 15 or so people in my brief, a grand total of two or three questions were missed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't nuke this, just show up to the brief and be awake. Not sure if Milton is the same as Corpus, but if it's even close you have nothing to worry about.
I didn't even know there was gouge out there for the SFS exam. I think out of 15 or so people in my brief, a grand total of two or three questions were missed.

He's asking about the test, not the event. If you pay attention in the SFS class, most of the answers are given there. It's not a hard test at all and I'm not sure, but I don't think there are any Area 3 CRs on the test (unlike the CR exam). When I took the test as an IUT, I don't remember it being much different than when I took it as a stud (other than small details that changed), so any gouge that's out there is probably laser-guided accurate.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm not gonna say that our instructor explicitly told us the right answer, but he definitely waited until someone said it.....unless you really had no idea, and were really loud giving your answer (since it was a group session), I don't see how you could miss anything. Maybe Whiting is different, but anyway....

That said, it is not rocket science. I think there were about 10-15 different important notes to take away, which are all covered in your safe-for-solo briefing guide. You have enough stuff you need to be studying in the 4100/4200 block....don't waste your time worrying about this, just make sure you listen in the class and get scheduled for it in time to check/solo on time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm not gonna say that our instructor explicitly told us the right answer, but he definitely waited until someone said it.....unless you really had no idea, and were really loud giving your answer (since it was a group session), I don't see how you could miss anything. Maybe Whiting is different, but anyway....

Nope...same, same