• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running Sneaker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead100583

I have flat feet so I need to purchase motion control sneakers. My question is if I get those sole inserts should i take out the cushion already in the sneaker and then put the insert in or just put the insert on top of the cushion already in there?

Crowbar

None
I disagree. If you leave the original in, the shoes will probably be too small. Those floppy pieces of crap that come in the shoes aren't even worth the time it takes to talk bad about them. I have flat feet and I've had success over the last few years with Saucony shoes and Dr. Scholls Advantage Sport inserts.

No offense, Praxis.

Sins

Non taken. JarHead, if you get custom orhtotics (spelling?) or at least go check them out you'll get the straight dope from the people there. Even going to a real shoe store will give you some insight - think The Treadmill or FleetFeet instead of Big5. Also, there may be a difference between custom orthotic style inserts and the foam replacing "Dr. Scholls Advantage Sport" inserts that Crowbar is talking about.

Sins

I just realized that you are both definitely talking about the sole replacment style inserts. If this is the case I would remove the flimsy piece of foam that comes with the shoe.

C

cthompson

Are such shoe inserts permitted at OCS? I have "prescription" orthotics that I wear in anything I put on my feat. Are these permitted for use in running shoes/boots while at OCS?

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
New Balance also works really well. I have been using them for about two years and have had no problems with my runs. Good Luck.

Gonzodogg

cthompson,
I know you can have them in your running shos that you bring with you to OCS, but I'm not sure if they allow you to put new inserts into the boots that are issued to you.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
I've been using the New Balance 850 series shoes for the past 4 years. They work great for guys with flat feet.

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.