• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbennett73

I've read that good running shoes can really help prevent injury, so I'm on my way to replace my 5 yr. old shoes.

Question: will I be able to wear my new runners at OCS for PT or are you required to wear the issued shoes? If I can wear my own shoes, do they care about the color? I'd hate to spend good money on the shoes and not be able to wear them because they have the wrong color stripes or something stupid like that.

jca320

I don't know about OCS, but DUDE 5 years?

I am surprised you have knees. I tear mine apart every 6 months. Padding dissentigrates and they turning into lawn mowing shoes.

John

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You can wear any running shoe you want for PT at OCS. However, you will get the chance to purchase shoes there as well. If you already know what works for you, go for that. I showed up in these sleek black Adidas running shoes, and found out they were made for someone with a normal arch, not a flat foot, so I got a pair at OCS that were way more comfortable. Everything else will be issued though, one guy in our class wore his own PT shorts and caught hell for it. Don't do something stupid like that.

eaw75

they make you buy a pair of shoes when you get to OCS. I suggest bringing your own and using the pair they issue for inspections.

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Hey jca320, I get a pair of lawn mowing shoes evey 6 months too.
spin_125.gif

jaerose

No, buy a $10.00 pair of white tennis shoes at Wal-mart before you get there...keep 'em in your car, then use them for inspections.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.