• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Run ins with the law

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I've searched around a few threads and couldn't quite find a clear answer, but I think no one may know this for sure. So anyways, I've got 4 tickets, explained them all on the application, and what I was wondering is if there were certain 'cutoffs' so to say at the boards, Will they only take a person with this much history, or something of that nature. Does anyone know for sure? Being honest about eveything is the best anyone can do, just wondering if my offenses warrant me any extra negative points in the boards eyes.

cheers,

Josh

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If they were just speeding tickets, and they didn't meet the reporting requirements for the SF-86, then don't really worry about it. If they weren't just speeding tickets (ie reckless driving etc.) and did meet the reporting requirements, its better to be upfront about them then to try to hide them.

I have worse than speeding tickets.. we'll see how that goes.. I probably set the record for waivers.. drug..arrest..tattoo... yeeeeeeeeep model citizen over here.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SoICanBeFree said:
I have worse than speeding tickets.. we'll see how that goes.. I probably set the record for waivers.. drug..arrest..tattoo... yeeeeeeeeep model citizen over here.
You're a veritable heathen. :D

Brett

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
3 speeding and one improper signal. I havent checked to see if they are reportable on the sf-86, but I put them on the application anyhow. All this waiting really gets the anxiety going about every minor detail ya know...

thanks for the help fellas...

Josh

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I had a handful of speeding tickets... including a reckless driving for going WAY to fast. Didn't even explain them much in my application... no problem at all.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Believe me, there is no limit, the board makes a judgement on the likelihood of you being a repeat offender. If you can give a reasonable explaination on why the person with all the tickets isn't you anymore, you'll be ok. I would have set off huge alarms with 13 tickets + other youthful indiscretions that we don't need to discuss here, statute of limitations and all. :)

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
The old officer application (phased out early this past spring) had reporting requirements right on it. The new one just says "list everything, including traffic offenses". This is more of an honesty test. I have two tickets myself (one speeding, one seatbelt (which should have been speeding, but the officer was having a good day)). My recruiter told me not to bother listing them, but I'm paranoid so I did anyway.

As far as "what do they care about", all I know is that the EPSQ (aka the form that you'll spend a whole week trying to fill out to get a security clearance) explicitly states that you only need to report traffic fines above $150.

If you're pushing that line, then read your traffic court papers carefully. I got my speeding ticket in NY state, which slaps a $55 surcharge on all tickets. So the final cost to me was $180. However, the judge mailed me an itemized invoice, stating that the fine itself was only $125. So I didn't bother listing it on the EPSQ, though I did leave it on the app, because the empty space looked ugly.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HooverPilot said:
other youthful indiscretions that we don't need to discuss here, statute of limitations and all. :)

What? Did that hostess at the Outback on the SPID finally press charges?

ZING. Gotcha Stowbo.

Grant

Do speeding tickets in which you recieved "deferred adjudication" aka go 3 months without another ticket, and it doesnt go on your record.... do those count?

Reason I ask is because I've had 3 speeding tickets in my life, and all 3 were disposed in said manner.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
If a guilty verdict was entered into your record, disclose it, regardless of whether it was expunged, reversed, sealed, or whatever. Especially for something as insignificant as a traffic ticket.

If you want a definition of "guilty" here it is: if you had any kind of punishment, including a fine, community service, jailtime, a piece of paper that said "formal warning", or an angry nun slapping you on the knuckles with a ruler, that is "guilty".

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I got a speeding ticket going thru Wisonsin. But hey, its Wisconsin so it doesnt really count, right? My excuse for going 80 in a 55: "Uhh.....I have a lot of homework to do?" SHIBBY!!