• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rotc or enlisted?

Rotc or enlisted?

• Enlisted.

• Rotc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Razoorback22

I enlisted straight out of high school at age 19. I served for 15 years before earning my commission. College is an easy, and obvious path if you have the grades, motivation and ability. You have to take a hard look at yourself and assess what it is that you really want. Pursuing a STEM undergraduate degree and then successfully completing flight school is a long and challenging road and there will be many pot holes along the way with no guarantees of success. If you decide to go the ROTC route (and are accepted), make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and have a solid "plan B" in your hip pocket in case things don't work out. Cheers . . .
Thank you i will definitely keep that in mind.
Thank you for your service

Take my word for it...prior enlisted officer. Don't enlist if you have the oppurtunity to go ROTC at a college. It will take you twice as long to get a bachelors if your enlisted. Also, most of the enlisted career counselors don't have a clue about E to O programs.

sickboy

pilot
Hello, Appoligies for the grammar.

The reason I was asking about the degree I should get is because the pilot's I've had the opportunitie to meet have told me that "The military wants someone who has a engineering degree and not someone who has a degree in let's say... a Political Science degree" Thank you for clearing that up.

Do the major that you want. The Navy doesn't really care too much about what your degree is in. I fly with just as many history majors as I do engineers. That said, I think NROTC gives preference to hard science and engineering majors these days. Definitely talk to the officers at your school and get their take on it. Good luck.

There was a rumor at USNA that engineers were being favored for SNA slots, but that got squashed. In the end pick the major that you will enjoy the most. A 4.0 in English will have a much better chance than a 2.5 in mechanical engineering. It boiled down to what I wanted to be doing at midnight, writing papers or doing problems. Best advise I got on choosing a major.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a rumor at USNA that engineers were being favored for SNA slots, but that got squashed. In the end pick the major that you will enjoy the most. A 4.0 in English will have a much better chance than a 2.5 in mechanical engineering. It boiled down to what I wanted to be doing at midnight, writing papers or doing problems. Best advise I got on choosing a major.
I like this guy already. :D