• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ropes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnutz

I read some advice to practice rope climbing before getting to OCS. Is there some technique to it (using my legs), or do i just use upper body and pull like mad?

farkle84

they will teach you some techniques there at OCS. but you must use your legs. legs will help you when you are tired and when you have to carry your war belt, canteens, rifle, and kevlar up after a 9 mile hump.

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
They'll teach you a bunch of way to use your feet as a brake. If you do it right it takes minimal upper body strength to climb.

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Dolld

It would be good to practice climbing the rope regardless though without your legs. It definately with help you with your pullups Dude.
Good luck with your Training TNUTZ!!!

AllenAzali

the confidence course looks pretty tough, especially for some who must overcome their fear of heights

Signed, Matt

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If you have a thing for heights, yes, it really would be a challenge. But, don't forget the Tarzan course! Much more exciting than the Confidence Course!

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
confidence and tarzan courses are fun, however, really easy if you don't have a problem with heights. they are both about the most relaxed training evolutions at ocs because of the safety factor. candidates kinda freak and do retarded crap when they are being yelled at.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
There's a saying I read in Readers Digest: "You can lock a recruit in an empty room with four padded walls and two steel ball bearings. Within an hour, he would have lost one and broken the other." Same applies to candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.