• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROLLING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevincjr1

OK, I feel very confident about starting OCS within about the next week and a half. But my biggest concern over everything is that feared word 'rolling'. Could some OCS grads give me some insight on how not to roll, I really don't want to spend any extra time in OCS. Physically I believe I am truly prepared. But what is the key to not failing two graded evaluations. For example during the MTT or during PI, what if the DI or CPO asks you a question from the big 4 and you get nervous and stumble a little bit, would this result in failing the MTT or PI. In reciting the big 4 is it best to just take your time or do the DI'S and CPO's want it quick. Basically how does the grading system work during the MTT and PI, would messing up on the big 4 lead you to failing the MTT or PI even if you did well with your grooming and uniform and everything else that is involved with these test. And the reagular class test I would believe are pretty much self explanatory and the best way to prepare for this is to gouge amongst classmates.Thanks in advance for any responses.
Kevin

atonavy

What I remember from the forth week inspection is that the class officers are the ones who ask the big four questions. They inspect your uniform and the top of your desk, ask you big four questions, and questions regarding ships, aircraft, etc. You don't need to scream out the answers, so you can take your time and get it right. They are looking to see if you can handle some pressure and not lose your bearing. If you make a mistake let it go. Don't dwell on it. If you can get by the class officers while only losing eight to ten points chances are the DI's will pass you. When the DI's come in the louder you scream the better off you will be. Stay motivated, scream as loud as you can, and do whatever pt they tell you to do like your life depended on it. If the DI likes you, you will pass. If you are unmotivated, you'll fail. It is as simple as that. No matter how hard you work on your inspection the DI's can find enough hits to fail you if they want to. They won't look as hard if they know you worked hard and are motivated. Good luck with OCS. Take it a day at a time and the 13 weeks will be over before you know it.

NavyNCSU

Rolling is just part of life at OCS sometimes. It happens to a lot of people for different reasons, and it doesn't always mean you're a failure, although a lot of people believe that. You can't help it if you get sick or hurt. And it is far better to go to medical and maybe roll for a week or two for a minor illness or injury than spend eternity there because you didn't take care of yourself properly.

I remember some people saying that their days in GTX were useful for catching up on MTT stuff, studying, etc.

Don't sweat it, it happens to a lot of people by no fault of their own.

bumaintman

Being rolled on an MTT. Is this a form of mind game they play to stress you out. If so,, how far do they play it out? What I'm trying to say is how long do they make you suffer until they pass you and stop rolling you.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Take it one day at a time and one evolution at a time. Don't stress out, and put all your free time to good use. If it happens, it happens, but don't concentrate on it. Use all available resources such as prior service people or senior candidates. Good luck.

sundowner

Sorry this is sort of going off topic maybe, but I have been trying to find the answer to a nagging question for a while.
Does anyone know how long they can make you stay on medical hold if you get hurt? Ive heard that if your BDCP, you have to stay because your under contract, but what if your not?
I'm not trying to be negative but I heard about a girl who ran triathlons before OCS but got hurt and was there for like 3-4 years! A guy at my NRD said she chose to have operations to try to graduate, but I dont know if that's just a rumor. And it's scary because it sounds like she was in super fitness but just got hurt by chance.
does anyone know the medical hold policy? is it easier to just leave and reapply if you get hurt? how bad is your lifestyle if your stuck on medical hold for a while?
Any info would be so helpful

thanks

NavyNCSU

There were actually a few girls who were there a year or more on med hold. One was in great shape, others not so much. For some, injury was caused by a lack of conditioning beforehand, but for the most part it was merely bad luck.

Every situation is different, it's hard to say whether it would be best to leave and try to reapply or stick it out in GTX. It depends on the injury and the prognosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.