• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Return to Flight Training?

Volem

Has anyone ever failed out of training, separated, and come back to training?

Four years ago, I washed out in Pensacola during IFS -- biggest mistake of my life. I didn't handle the transition very well and messed up on a couple of the multiple choice exams. Then a bad solo (tried to stall the plane and it went into a spin) was the last straw.

I'm not saying I deserve another chance; it's a huge commitment and I respect the effort other SNA's put into an opportunity I basically wasted, but before I'm too old to try at all I'd just like to know if there's even a precedent. Thanks!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Several things...first, if you can’t handle IFS you won’t be able to handle Primary, thus the reason for IFS ($145/hr vs $1800/hr). In your case it sounds like the system worked.
Second, if you “went into a spin” on your solo, you didn’t “try to stall your plane” you actually stalled your plane.

The fact that you don’t know the difference means you don’t belong in this profession.

I’d suggest a truck driving school or something else, and be thankful you are still alive.
Pickle

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Has anyone ever failed out of training, separated, and come back to training?

Four years ago, I washed out in Pensacola during IFS -- biggest mistake of my life. I didn't handle the transition very well and messed up on a couple of the multiple choice exams. Then a bad solo (tried to stall the plane and it went into a spin) was the last straw.

I'm not saying I deserve another chance; it's a huge commitment and I respect the effort other SNA's put into an opportunity I basically wasted, but before I'm too old to try at all I'd just like to know if there's even a precedent. Thanks!

No.