• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement pts. in the reserves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

That's right Frumby, this ?'s for you...

When (and if) I get commisioned I'll do so with about two years and three mths of prior active service, which might theroetically give me twelve to thirteen years of service after a flying stint (depends on platform, I know). I might extend for another sea tour if I knew it would benefit my pilot resume ($$$) which might leave me in the fiteen year range. I'm not sure how many total retirement pts. this will leave me with, but I would definitely like to continue to fly in the reserves and I was wondering how much longer it would take (in the reserves) to earn DOD retirement?

BTW Major Hein, what was your platform when you flew active? What do MarineAir reserves fly now?

Thanx in advance...

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 03/20/2001 02:11:38

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
I had a feeling this topic was directed to me. Your active duty time is counted as straight time toward retirement. I had 12 years active which leaves me 8 years reserve time to complete. I'm still learning this reserve game so I won't pretend to be an expert but I do know someone who can answer your questions and is a reservist flying P-3's out of Pt Mugu and also flys for United. I'm going to be offline for the next two weeks but I will ask your question and get back to you.
EA-6B's by trade and T-45's. Actually, I have more hours in the T-45 then I do the War Pig.
Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
Almost forgot, the Corps is pretty chincey in the reserves. F-18's (3 squadrons) only deployable jet platform and the F-5 (1 squadron), C-130's (1 squadron) and all the helicopters. Not to mention, Gulfstream III (only 1), C-9's (2), and some C-12's.
Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.