• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement gift for E-2 NFO

robav8r

None
Contributor
Looking for a suitable gift for a soon-to-be retired, 20 year E-2C NFO. Obviously his ceremony is on hold, and finding suitable gifts on-line that allow for customization is more difficult than normal. Appreciate any user-friendly, online vendors with a Naval Aviation / Nautical flare . . . . .

Thanks !

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Flare? Sure. Even you probably have one or two of these in the garage from the "old" days...
I found some and a Mk 79 in one of the tool boxes...good times.

post-4361-0-87180600-1447602192.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You can take an AW out of the helo...
If I didn't know better I'd think you're suggesting to secretly borrow the soon-to-be retiree's digital camera/phone and take a few "selfies."

:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a big wall art squadron patch for my buddy's retirement a few years ago from Planeform, they seem to have expanded their options since then and upped their game a bit. They don't have an E-2 on their plane wall art but they were more than willing to work with me on the custom squadron patch so they could likely gin up for you if you asked. If you want to go really expensive their multilayered wall art looks pretty damn good too.

Last edited:

GroundPounder

Flare? Sure. Even you probably have one or two of these in the garage from the "old" days...
I found some and a Mk 79 in one of the tool boxes...good times.

post-4361-0-87180600-1447602192.jpg

If you were to acquire ( retain ) an M8 smoke pot, and use it in the country, you might get to meet several truck loads of Georgia Forestry workers responding to the forest fire. They won't be happy to meet you and another drunken infantryman on leave.

Or so I am told, I certainly did not do this in 1989.