• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retired A-4 pilot Julie Macholz rescues man in Chicago river

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Interesting story...especially being the first of her kind to be an aggressor pilot. Could you imagine that?

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
The Navy has adversary squadrons, the Air Force has aggressor squadrons. The Navy (and Marine) adversary squadrons provide support in the form of dissimilar air combat training (DACT). Squadrons like VAQ-34 provided support in the form of training in antiair warfare, electronic countermeasures and electronic counter-counter-measures, electronic surveillance, electronic emissions control, and training in the face of simulated missile attacks. They were never considered to be a true adversary squadron but were often mistakenly classified as adversary squadrons by the media due to the nature of their mission The only Navy/Marine adversary squadrons still in existence are VFC-12, VFC-13, VFC-111, VMFT-401, and NFWS (TOPGUN), which actually isn't a squadron, but is part of NSWAC.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
It's always been that way. Semantics. The Navy established adversary squadrons. The Air Force followed and did it their own way.

Adversary
a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.

Aggressor
a person, group, or nation that attacks first or initiates hostilities; an assailant or invader.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Anyone know this quote I’m about to butcher?

(during the Cold War and amid budget cuts)

Someone: “What’s the difference between an adversary and an enemy?”

A 4-star general: “I’ll tell you. Soviet Russia is our adversary. The State Dept is the enemy.”

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Why does the Air Force call a head a latrine?

RS1t.gif