• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserves Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Any idea why it is possible to get a TS clearance in the reserves for Intel when parents aren't US citizens whereas active duty Navy won't even consider it? Seems antithetical to me. :confused:

saltpeter

Sounds like someone's pulling your leg. Security Clearances are done by an outside agency, OPM, and the Navy recieves the results via a message. It comes as news to me that your parents had to be U.S. citizens though, a buddy of mines father was a British citizen before marrying his mother. I suppose his father was naturalized, but this never seemed to affect his clearance. I seem to remember Asian intel and nuke officers who were naturalized, although, this may have changed in light of recent security concerns.

Gregor

Final Clearance is granted by DIA but the sign off of your commanding officer is a requirement, in the end the answer to your question may be as simple as directions differing from one organization to another. In my 30 years I have seen it happen that I sailor was granted clearance with immediate family who were Non-citizens and I have seen them rejected for that reason as well. Might also be the program involved. CTIs might be acceptable from a country where that language skill is critical, while the guy who stands watch as a weapons release officer can't get approved. I bet there is guidance that clears this up somewhere in NCIS or DIA regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.