• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Promotions

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I have recently made the difficult decision to leave the active duty Marine Corps. However, I recently found out that there is a reserve unit near my future civilian destination that will allow me to keep working within my MOS and possibly even billet, I'd like to give it a try.

I will leave active duty not long after being selected to the next higher grade, but before I pin on. That being said, does my "select" status transfer to the reserves with me? Or do I drop the "select" and wait until the next board meets?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
You didn't recently post on craigslist did you?

Just kidding...good luck and that's a damn good question.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Taxman2A said:
I have recently made the difficult decision to leave the active duty Marine Corps. However, I recently found out that there is a reserve unit near my future civilian destination that will allow me to keep working within my MOS and possibly even billet, I'd like to give it a try.

I will leave active duty not long after being selected to the next higher grade, but before I pin on. That being said, does my "select" status transfer to the reserves with me? Or do I drop the "select" and wait until the next board meets?
Quitter. ;)

Brett

KBayDog

Taxman2A said:
...I recently found out that there is a reserve unit near my future civilian destination that will allow me to keep working within my MOS and possibly even billet...

Per MCO P1400.31B (Paragraph 6005 (2)):

Transfer between Active-Duty List and Reserve Active-Status List.

Per section 14317 of title 10, U.S. Code, officers selected from a board
convened under section 14101(a) of title 10, U.S. Code, chapter 36 of
title 10, U.S. Code, or a special selection board, and not promoted to
the next higher grade before transferring to either the active-duty list
or Reserve active-status list shall be promoted as long as that transfer
is to the same competitive category.

It looks like you are good (you'll keep your "selected" status and be promoted after you transfer to the reserves), but your best bet is to talk to the admin and/or legal bubbas.

Thank you for your service, Semper Fi, and best of luck with your new track.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I've still got a good amount of time on active duty left (until 07) , but due to certain operational reasons that probably shouldn't be publicly posted I was forced to make this decision a bit in advance. Thanks for the info!