• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Points

lost_in_asia

I am having trouble finding where I can view my total points accumulated. I have been told it is on the BOL website, but I have not been able to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I am having trouble finding where I can view my total points accumulated. I have been told it is on the BOL website, but I have not been able to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The program on BOL you're looking for is called ASOSH, but it's been down for a long time. Right now, the only way to get your points is to call PERS yourself. I don't know what the number is, but one of the other Reservists will probably chime in.

866-U-ASK-NPC. Put about 30 minutes aside for this. You can ask verbally and they'll tell you, or you can ask for a "point capture sheet", which they will mail OR fax (maybe both if you get somebody nice). You'll have to give a reason, so just say "auditing my service record" or something. They'll then say something like "oh, you mean performing a periodic service record check" (which must fit into one of their checkboxes) and then just say yes. I'd say you have a 2 out of 3 chance of getting decent service. They told me it'd take 3 weeks to get it by mail, and it was at my house w/in a few days.

Cynical portion: But, be prepared to be disappointed with how many actual points you've gotten credit for, and having no idea which courses, funerals, BGO duties, JPME courses, or whatever else is missing. I h56ave no idea what to do on that side. It seems a little labor intensive to go item by item over the phone and say "is my May 12 funeral there? OK. How about my EEO course via NETC on...blah blah". At this point, I'm happy when I get my 36 points, then I'll submit all my documentation when I retire and hope for the best. I got 162 points last year (funerals let you go over the limit), and have 62 according to BUPERS....

J.Bourne

I didn't know you could request a physical documentation from NPC. I like the idea of having something physical from NPC that I can use as justification instead of "On day X at time Y, Person Z said..." Although, everyone tries to provide the correct information, I have found that occasionally they have bad/incorrect information.