• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Officer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCSCAND

I am currently a college student and am looking at the Naval Reserves to get a jump start on my Navy career. As I don't have a college degree yet, I would have to enlist and apply for my commission after I graduate from college. What is the typical process for this and how difficult does it tend to be. Also, any input on going from reserves to active duty would also be appreciated. Thanks

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Direct Commissioned Officer, goes through a two week course at NAS Pensacola then becomes an officer in their respective fields. Best bet is to go to the website of the Officer Training Command at NAS Pensacola and most likely there will be a page about the DCO. In there will be a phone number and contact person which will be able to help you. i dont know the website off the bat but a quick google search will find it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't be a DCO without a degree. Most DCOs have several years work experience in their field as well. Enlisting in the Reserves is as easy as regular active duty. The min age is higher though, I think it is like 23 or 24. If you intend to apply for OCS from the Selected Reserve after you get your degree the process is just the same as for civ guys. See an local officer recruiter. They will have your CO sign some forms and they will request your enlisted service record from the Reserves. If you want to go DCO as a selres officer from selres enlisted, that is harder. Like I said, most have significant experience in their field. Not something most recent college grads have. Unrestricted Line Officers like Aviation, Sub and Surface officers cannot be DCOs. Check out the posts in the Reserve forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.