• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Gouge (Pay, Retirement, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
46-Sounds like you've been doing your homework on the reserves. Impressive. Most people spin aimlessly through a 20 year reserve career and never figure out how it works. By the way, the Marine Reserve Officers Association has a great calculator for figuring your retirement pay. It calculates what your pay will be at age 60 with the given inflation rate.
The PLC gouge is right on. When I entered the reserves, I gained 2 years of "SAT" service for PLC juniors and seniors.
For a reserve retirement, you have to remember that your last 6 years must be in a reserve component though it does not have to be continuous. This is a link to the reserve guidebook for more info http://mcrsc.mfr.usmc.mil/GuideBook/GuideBook.asp.
Hope all is well, Frumby

ajgeng

Academy time

Anyone know if academy time counts at all toward reserve retirement? It doesn't count toward active retirement, but if PLC gets to count their time, then who knows. I'm sure that 4 years of misery is worth something if you can earn points while in the IRR.

KimberlyD

Why are Reservists allowed up to 72 AFTP's per year but most Active Duty only get 12 AFTP's & 4 GAFTP's per quarter???

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Academy and ROTC win the "I got paid to go to college" Lotto. Sorry, your free education does not count as time in the IRR.

Kimberly, I don't know the answer to your question but I will try to find out.

Semper Fly, Frumby

Status
Not open for further replies.