• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Deployment

Indeejordan

I have heard that Reservists are more likely to get deployed because active duty are already serving the Corps on a base somewhere. I was just curious if there is any truth to that? Thanks.

phrogpilot73

I have heard that Reservists are more likely to get deployed because active duty are already serving the Corps on a base somewhere. I was just curious if there is any truth to that? Thanks.
Nope. Reservists are typically deployed less than their active duty counterparts. In a perfect world, active duty Marines deploy for 6 months, and are home for 18 months. Reservists would deploy for 2 weeks in the summer. That's a perfect world. The world we live in now dictates that active duty Marines are deploying for 6-7 months and are home for anywhere from 5-12 months. Reservists who have been activated are deployed for 6 months, home for 6 - for two years. After that, they're generally untouchable for another 5. Clear as mud?

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?

Although aircraft squadron related, VMFA-142 here at Atlanta was deployed Iraq back in 2005 to bring the stress down on the active duty VMFA's. First USMCR Fighter Squadron to be activated in 50+ years.

The Cowboys (VMFA-112) at NFW were also pretty close to getting called up according to a Hornet Driver in 142. Never happended, though.

Crowbar

None
VMFA-142 here at Atlanta was deployed Iraq back in 2005 to bring the stress down on the active duty VMFA's. First USMCR Squadron to be activated in 50+ years.

Maybe you meant the first reserve fighter squadron? I was attached to MAG-46 from 2000-2002 and I remember 769 got activated and much talk ensued about 764 "my squadron" getting activated right before I left. That didn't happen until 2004, but those and other reserve helo squadrons got activated before 2005.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?