• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Requesting for HELP

ANEESH

AGNI
HI....
My name is AGNI, an Indian citizen living in California last five months.I am 18 years old and i came here for my commercial pilot training in AMERICAN SCHOOL OF AVIATION , ATWATER.Unfortunately before two and half months the school has been closed with out any notice and we,more than hundred Indian students lost about $ 40000 each and we are thrown into the street.Some students went back to India with broken heart and some students who all have money are joined in some other flying schools.I am one of the students who lost money(do not have money any more,only confidence and hope in mind)and all my properties in india which i morgaged to get a loan,NOW trying to get a way to live the life use full for this world.I am deeply interested to be an flight officer(fighter pilot).I have tried to apply in USAFA (United states Air Force Academy) international cadet programme but as an Indian citizen I am not able to do that.I am remembering the words now "BE A CITIZEN OF WORLD BEFORE THE CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY".I believe I can be a great officer and a fighter pilot in USAF or USN if united states government help me.I hope i can meet the Academy's high admission standards and the fierce competition for appointment.Only one obstacle is I AM NOT AN US CITIZEN to apply there.Now i am requesting for a chance.The home land security gave us 5 months time after that i have to go back if i cannot join any where.Came here with great dreams and going back as a big looser,sure it will be terrible experience but i will obey the rules that sure. if US government help me to be an officer in US defense i will serve the country with my best of abilities and talent as many years as i can.i will give my life for it.This is a request and an oath of an 18 years old helpless boy.respected peoples .can anyone advise me how can i do something about it,be a fighter pilot in navy and serve the country.please ....waiting for your valuable response....

thank you

Immy

You're an 18 year old helpless boy yet you were able to mortgage all your property to get a loan to come over for aviation training? Hell I'm going on 18 and I don't even have any property to mortgage, let alone get a loan to go to a foreign country to learn how to fly. Things must work differently over there.

Anyways, I would just work on gaining US citizenship. I don't think any of the service academies are going to let you in without being a US citizen, no way around that, unless I'm mistaken.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You can't be an officer unless you are a US Citizen, and then you have to renounce any other citizenships you may have. This process takes a LOT longer than 5 months, so you're probably out of luck. The ONLY way you'd be able to stay, and I'm just guessing here, is to enlist into one of the services. This would get you residency here and help get you citizenship, but it is the LONG way to becoming an officer.

In addition to all that, you need to have a college degree to be an officer.

In short, it seems as if you're shit outta luck. Maybe someone else has some ideas for you.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Sentiments to OTTO, if you enlist in the U.S. Navy you wont get deported from the United States. With time in serivce you can decrease the required 5 years of living in the United States, to I think 3 for applying for citizenship. From there you can get your degree, then apply to be an officer, which could then lead to being a pilot. That option would of course depend on all that working. but I know several foriegn nationals who are trying that method(to be officers not pilots). They are Navy corpsmen right now.

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
Sentiments to OTTO, if you enlist in the U.S. Navy you wont get deported from the United States. With time in serivce you can decrease the required 5 years of living in the United States, to I think 3 for applying for citizenship. From there you can get your degree, then apply to be an officer, which could then lead to being a pilot. That option would of course depend on all that working. but I know several foriegn nationals who are trying that method(to be officers not pilots). They are Navy corpsmen right now.

Yep, http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL31884.pdf

"During peacetime, noncitizens in the military may petition to naturalize after 3 years aggregate military service rather than the requisite 5 years of legal permanent residence. During periods of military hostilities, noncitizens serving in the armed forces can naturalize immediately. On July 3, 2002, President George W. Bush designated the period beginning on September 11, 2001, as a “period of hostilities,” which triggered immediate naturalization eligibility for active-duty U.S. military servicemembers, whereupon the Department of Defense and the former Immigration and Naturalization Service announced that they would work together to ensure that military naturalization applications were processed expeditiously."

I'm curious as to whether the "immediate" naturalization eligibility applies to non-citizens who enlist after a "period of hostility" has been announced.

I'm assuming you have a green card. You might look into it, I'm not suggesting any path to take, but if you're looking for the fastest route to US Citizenship, this is probably it. Good luck Aneesh.